Monday, November 7, 2011

<-------I learn a little about myself ------->

Just when I think I know a lot about myself my dogs prove me different. Each dog I train I learn a little more about training and more about myself too! It is quite astonishing :)

Saturday my mom, me, and a friend ( lets call her Dictionary- you've heard about her on here before I am pretty sure) went out to the arena to play with the doggies :) The baby dogs got to play and the adults were able to do course work--YAY!

Dictionary is like RC extraordinaire :) If there is a problem she helps me repair it! So the problem? AMP's running A-frame and running DW. Yea yea shush I am trying a couple more things with her RDW before I give up all together ( for now).

First came the A-frame and what I thought was going was not :/ Motion was hiding the badness >:/ We slowed it all down a bit, actually stopped it, and went from there. voila success :) I, of course just had to be forced to be patient and let AMP settle into it :) Looks like we have a bright future for her A-frame.

The DW I was very skeptical about. I really have felt like I have tried lots and lots and LOTS and did mention LOTS of things. I came down to the idea that he stride just wasn't ideal for the RDW :( I really hated having to admit this. I want a RDW! I love Jinx's and would like to have the same with AMP. Dictionary had some clever ideas in mind, so we gave 'em a whirl. Had DW on the low table and started with AMP on the table and threw the toy. it went a little something like stride--boing right over the yellow. haha Back chaining it was :) That went well :) We managed to get her all the way back to two feet on the board and two feet on the table! She did 3 good ones in a row :) That is the best I have ever gotten. The theory is that the toy needs to be a longggggggggg ways out, so she isn't changing her stride in anticipation for the toy while on the plank and of course patience once again. I need to just sit through the bad ones and keep working at it rather than assuming it isn't working.

So there is still hope for AMP in the RC world :) All thanks to the dictionary of course :)

I guess I already knew this about myself, but I just need to be reminded that I have to be patient!!!

1 comment:

  1. It really helps to have another RC person come out and give a fresh set of eyes. It can get so lonely in training it when no one else knows what to look for and how to help.

    I'm glad to hear you're not giving up yet!

    ReplyDelete