Thursday, December 8, 2011

My creative side :)

The decision was made that it was time to make a pretend lowered DW. Trust me this mornings session screamed need HELP! I did just that :)

after some cement blocks, a table, a teeter, and a step, voila you have yourself a pretty dang good lowered dogwalk, minus a board of course. She did fairly well :) I started like always with a little back chaining and then worked with her at the end of the first board to get the speed into it. I rewarded more than the ones that are in slow motion because I felt she needed her confidence built more than anything about running across the board. It paid off in the end when she had a couple really nice hits :) I think that there might be light at the end of the tunnel for this idea :) I feel sort like Einstein now!! Ok maybe not quite....



Then I added a little bit of weaves at then end :) She is doing left sided weave now!! Hooray :) It was a bit sketchy whether she was actually going to get that side, but she did!! She is still changing up her striding- does a stride of swimming, two step, bouncing, so it will just take time for her to get it figured out :) I am not too worried she gets nice and low and is moving along as a decent speed- it'll come!

I also am trying a new idea with the running A-frame that I think might work, but I don't want to overdose on the RC thing, so you will have to wait for that one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment