Friday, December 2, 2011

Doo da doo da :)

Happy dance Happy dance :D

My dog is supa kool :) Second RDW at new height and did an AMAZING job!!!!

Started once again with some back chaining (not as low) and then tried doing a couple reps with her being just slightly off the board and it wasn't going good. Did two with her 2 front feet on and then decided what the heck and tried having her further back. I truly thought that the further back was gunna be a no go, so many naughty options for her to choose, but she rocked it!! :D Had 3 very nice solid hits!! GO AMP :D



I suppose I should highlight on some other things we do. We don't just train RDW...ok well mostly we do ;)

Her weave poles are also coming along nicely. She has lovely entries- she just gets it, I have never really worked them or trained her into understanding she just got it- nice :) However left sided weaves her nearly the enemy. Poles 11 and 12 that is :/ She was pretty convinced that 10 poles was enough on the left side, so after two sessions of pure badness on the left I split the poles into two 6s (not sure why I didn't do this right away- banging head). Did that like 3 times and then pushed them together and ding! She got it :) Now we will just proof our heart out on that side!! As far as her striding goes she is still trying to get that all worked out. I thinking she will single stride without a problem. She already naturally gets low (it's quite cute) and she doesn't want to bounce step, so I think she will start swimming, which is what I would like her to do! I will video tape sometimes so I can really see what she is doing :)

Teeter-oh teeter! AMP= no like bang noise. Great probably the worst thing to not like about the teeter. I watched Wendy Pape's teeter video and took some of her ideas and am mixing them with what will work for AMP and I think we have got a good mojo going :) She drives really nicely to the end of a supported full teeter! She <3 P.butter :) She self taught her 4 on position basically so that we have no issues with :) The bang we are just trying to make less of a monster and more fun! Oh course then last night I was doing teeter practice and then went to do tunnels and she comes out of the tunnel the one time, crosses behind me and runs up the teeter--:O %&#$^#^ Of course THE princess is expecting there to be globs of P.butter and it not to tip well neither of those were true :/ Hopefully the gracious amounts of treats I gave her will make her think it was cool rather than scary :) Crazy dog!

Hmm what else- oh yes jumps :) For a girl who had a pretty shaky jumping start she is sure lovely now!! Her serps and threadles and wraps and back side jumps are marvelous!!! Unlike Jinx she is so willing to jump into me which is great, so I don't have to get the tow truck like I do with Jinx to crank him in ;)

All in all we are making progress and enjoying our lessons learned and fun had :) I guess putting your dog who doesn't know all the equipment on a DAM team and want to go to Nationals with is a good motivator!! :) We will get it all put together some day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment