Saturday, May 28, 2011

Missing out?!

I suppose you feel as if you are missing out on something. Or perhaps you are thankful that there are no more damn running contact videos :) I understand.

Well truthfully I haven't done them the last two days :/ whoops! Real life (ya know that thing that doesn't involve dogs? weird.) well it has decided to intervene a bit. dang.

However the plan is still intact from our last session (which also I don't think made it on here), I will be moving the board up again. After using some sort of small intelligent ability that I have, hey I have my diploma that gives me some credit right? realized that raising the board like 4" really isn't going to be a whole heck of a lot. It is like a mouse to a coyote or a crackers to a giant. You get my point right? In case you didn't, she doesn't probably really notice the difference all that much. I am going to move it up more now- can't really say how much, but probably try and make it enough to be noticeable :)

I have also decided-whether it is right or not I do not know- but I am not going to spend a lot of time at one height. If we are having some huge issues then I will spend some more time there and once we get more height I will take more time, but as long as things are moving smoothly I am going to be trudging along. I just don't feel that stay at one spot when she is doing well, to just further verify it really isn't helping me. Again who really knows if it will work?

I am not entirely sure that I will even keep them. I am liking the challenge though :) mostly. Yes there are days that I want to just throw in the towel and call it quits. About the time that I feel that way though the next day she is giving me better strides and showing me that maybe this is working and I just have to keep going. I am pretty determined to get them, but not enough that she could spend 5 years training before she gets to show in agility. Not gonna happen. To me that isn't really worth it when she can have a 2o2o and it isn't like the girl is going to be slow or anything. I will definitely try for the A-frame as I see that being pretty possible :) Still going to focus on the dogwalk though!!

Besides that training she is going REALLY good with jumping :D It was like a light switch. She didn't know what to think of it and didn't want to go to jumps on her own. Now? She will commit to jumps and even take them if I am not telling her :o I am SO proud of the girl! She is definitely maturing and getting into the swing of things of agility. It really goes to show you that with time and patients some things will just settle into place :)

We still continue to do tricks of course :) We are adding a few more to our bag as the weeks go on and am looking at other people for ideas!! This by far is still my favorite thing to do with her. She just gets to, well...AMP'D up for tricks :) Basically anything gets her excited, but shaping is her things. She was raised on it and almost knew nothing besides it for learning!! Her enthusiasm in anything is enough to bring a small to my face- of course we couldn't forget her goofy faces, silly personality, and the things she does too!!!

I am still going to continue and work harder on getting her and ALL the dogs (plus me) more physically fit! After hearing from a friends after her dog went to an eval it really made me see that conditioning, strengthening, and stretching is most important, so that will be just what I am going to try and achieve :-)

So we are off to our healthier life style!!

No comments:

Post a Comment