Monday, May 16, 2011

I *think* Einstein has risen from the dead...

I think he could have possibly done so. I never met the man (obviously), but judging by the pictures and all the talk about him I have a pretty good idea. So, here he is except there is one hitch- he came back as a girl? I Can't explain that one....


Here it is......

Einstein- the Original

Einstein back from the dead!
I can clearly see the resemblance- Tongue hanging out, lots of hair on the head, big ears, and a mixture of white hair too :) Yup clearly he well or she has!

AMP says it is no big deal or anything she just happens to be a look alike and basically just AS smart! Probably do to her just be generally awesome :) No biggie.

Today I decided that it was time to go and do some training with AMP :) I have heard that the only way they learn agility is to train..weird right? Kinda like the only way to Q is to enter- not that you are guaranteed anything :)

So I gave into the thought and acted on it. I have been changing some things with the way I was training her, for example:

Jumping- I started with working her on being tight and wrapping, serps, threadles and collection. Which I am sure AMP could explain all that with one word BORING! I realized this at the Daisy seminar. I changed that and now we just work on her liking jumping and driving over the jump, even if it isn't tight- don't care and getting her to drive good out of the turns ;) It is working like a charm :) She is really starting to enjoy jumping and drives MUCH faster over the jumps as well :D LOVELY- besides the girl has a natural jump to her anyway! no worries. Still have a few issues with her thinking that going around is FAR faster and easier than jumping..ha It is becoming less frequent though, so a plus there. Also have been working on teaching her a back side command since it is becoming more popular! She gets it :)

Everything else is really falling into place nice as well :) I like her work ethic and she puts such a great deal of drive, fun, enthusiasm into it, it makes it hard to not enjoy it :D best thing is the women is bomb proof when working. Doesn't matter what is going on she is working and that is it.

Haven't worked her running contacts...why? Haven't really cared to. Would like to have them. Do I HAVE to have them? no. I am going to try, but honestly if they don't work they don't work- it doesn't give you an automatic win and it is more for me, the challenge of getting them. If I can get them cool- means I have done something which has definitely been a challenge, but I am still capable of teaching a 2o2o too :) Love having options though!

AMP also feel awesome since she got her new K-9 Julius Power harness and we LOVE it :) Click HERE to check them out and get one for your pup too :)

2 comments:

  1. There are some striking similarities between AMP and Einstein! Hehe! Glad to see AMP enjoying jumping again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too! Especially in the brains :)

    Thanks me too :)

    ReplyDelete