Thursday, May 19, 2011

Doing what everyone else does, doesn't garauntee it's right!

I tried again to do AMP's plank work- thought I should probably get going on that if I want to show her in standard someday :)

Everyone said don't do guides- reward the plank, build value and get that first. I say NO! AMP didn't get, she still doesn't get it, and I am not sure she ever will. It doesn't work to her strengths and her understanding I guess!

So I did it- I made a plank chute. Plank in the middle with these wooden garden gates on the sides. I thought what the heck do I have to lose?!?! nothing!

I set her up in the middle tonight threw the ball released her and she got it. Brought her to the start of the board thew ball. released. She ran the board and went and got it :) Cool. Slowly worked her back and she ran the board with no issue or hesitation EVERY.SINGLE. TIME :) Even if I threw the ball off to the side she would STILL go and get the ball after running the plank :) Sweet!

Will this bite me in the butt down the road? Maybe. Does it matter? Nope because what I was doing wasn't working at all! This is working so far! If it does kick me in the butt later on..fine, I will deal with it then and only then. Daisy says "Make a decision and deal with the consequences later" that is what I am doing....I think.

Hoping that it plays out that I just keep raising the board inside the guides and eventually they will be too low and won't guide her to stay on, bit only as the board raises. This in its self will be fading out the guides :) Saying that once the board gets to that height it should be pretty obvious to stay on the board. If she can't then I am going to assume that it isn't going to work and if that happens, we will just do a 2o2o :) Not a big deal!

We will see what the road ahead brings, bit for now I am living by the saying:

"If your friends jumped would you?" my answer is NO :)

No comments:

Post a Comment