Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Until you look back

There are those days....

Ya know the ones.....

That seem like no progress is being made....

Like no progress has ever been made.......

You just wanna give up on it all.......

You begin to wonder if things will ever come together.......

Well I didn't have one of those days yesterday :)

I had the complete opposite. It was the day when you realize how far things have come and that really all that was needed was simply; time. There are those moments when no matter how hard you try to push for something and make it as desirable as possible it just doesn't happen. At that moment you basically day F* it and move on because your tired of trying. Then all of a sudden out of no where you stop for a moment to realize that what you were working so hard for before is there. Like magic it has appeared. Out of no where with really no work at all it happened :)

What does this all have to do with AMP?

This is what has happened with almost every pieces of agility training. I can stop and think back and the same trend has happened every time.

I go to teach her ___________ (insert obstacle) she doesn't like it. I try to push her to be faster or like it or whatever the problem is. She rejects and does what she wants. I say FINE. I deal with what she has to offer. I stop and look now and she does exactly what I wanted.



honestly you think I would learn after some time that this is just the way AMP works, but yet I did this again, again, and again!

Last night when I went to set-up a 6 jump, jump line to work zig zag grids, bounce grids, and just some jump lines for practice and she nailed them almost every time I stopped and thought about the very first day when she didn't even want anything to do with that. I could hardly get her to take one jump without losing her melon much less 6 in a row that she would have to.....wait for it.....collect :O last winter and spring I would have said yeah right and now I am saying bring it on :)



I love this dog more than any other dog I have ever trained. She is definitely my heart dog and always will be. There are times I just wanna scream at the things she does, but then I forget all that when I look and see the amazing things she has overcome and does!!!



This girl amazes me more and more every single day! I can't wait for the next chance we get to step to the startline and run our hearts out. I don't think I will ever get sick of that wild stare she gives me waiting for me to release her and let the games begin :)


No comments:

Post a Comment