Monday, March 21, 2011

Real Women...eh

AMP is a 'real women' now and she does NOT like it!! She came in season last Monday just in time for a trial this past weekend! It was an indoor trial, so AMP had to crate out of the car and could only walk around outside-no getting visit friends :( She wasn't happy with the arrangement that is for sure! I guess it isn't the being in season part just the not getting to be with us that isn't to her liking! Oh well doodle part of life!

Since she came into season I have not really done a whole lot of training with her just because we can't do anything outside and that just leaves the house. Since I have stupid white carpet and AMP HATES the "in season britches" with a passion will probably try and burn them, I couldn't do a whole lot. This afternoon though I decided the bleeding wasn't too bad, so I would do some stuff :D

She was wonderful! Tik/Tok is going really well! I am now using a jump upright rather then a plunger and once she has that down well I will SLOWLY add height to it.

Continued to do some jump wraps and she can easily jump 22" and wrap the jump!! I with wraps I have been hugely rewarding her driving out of the turn fast, since I missed doing that will Jinx. Did some targeting over a jump to a toy at 22" and she has no issue :) I am now starting to add in call to heel over one jump- just started that today and she did perfect at 20" no issues, very confident with it, tight, and no crashing into my leg either :D I do think once she gets the compression stuff mastered she is going to be a fine jumper to be honest. She is pretty light and effortless in her jumping. I even went back and just did some beginning Linda M once jump rewarding and she can go up to 26" without thinking twice :) Of course that is no speed, no movement from me, jut jumping, but still great from her start!! Now I have to start working the rear cross stuff :/ For those of you who know me...I basically avoid rear crosses at ALL costs! Just don't like them. SO...they are hard for me to teach and AMP is a lot quicker with body language and ques than Jinx, so it is going to be interesting figuring out my timing!

The teeter when I last did it was going well. I think it may prove to be our biggest challenge at this point since she isn't all that keen on it! She will run to the end nice now, and can do bangs at the end when I hold it about a foot off the ground fairly well, but more concerned what will happen when we starting doing larger drops and stuff like that. She may surprise me- like she is known to do :)

Table and tunnels are no issue- well as long as she STAYS on the table and doesn't use it as a trampoline..hee hee!

Spring I think just might be coming :D :D This means I can hopefully start working her running plank work :) HORRAY! I am VERY VERY excited :) In the weeks to come I am going to start working on plank, serps, and threadles-aka handling challenges- and maybe even some weave poles..oooo exciting :)

I think I want to get AMP a power harness too :) they are expensive, but so cool! Made me laugh when I looked at the sizing and AMP can fit in a size Mini..haha...a border collie in a mini? What a goof :)

pretty much a whole post about nothing much, but it will get more exciting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment