Thursday, March 31, 2011

One foot infront of another!

We are going just that very thing, left,right, left, right-stepping forward and moving on with the dogwalk training :)

Last night I was suggested by a friend to raise the board a smidge and do what she called the "arm chair training". I was like say what? English please. Just as it sounds basically is, sit in a chair by the board and ANYTHING done on the board YIPPEY :) Simple enough. Since as I stated in the last post about my concern of her just following the toy and not getting the fact that "hey we like running this plank".

The session went GREAT ;) I could tell she definitely was like "Ooo plank=treats". I did lots of rewarding for standing on the board, sitting, laying down, spinning, sniffing, ect basically it was ALL ABOUT THE BOARD ;) (dang stage hog). Then once she clearly liked the board I began experimenting with rolling the treat (thank goodness for round kibble) off the board to simulate her running down the board. I went back and forth a bunch, then threw in just treats for being on the board. She did awesome, so I think this might be going well! Not saying anything official...yet! I even was doing some jump work with her and as I walked over there she started to head for the board in hopes that we were doing that again :D There is definitely some value there at least ;)

Jump work went swell ;) I have been working on rear crosses and wraps. Wraps I am really happy with ;) AMP doesn't like compression, but she definitely can wrap :) Rear crosses are coming along. It usually helps if the trainer is actually good at teaching them and if she actually liked them :/ I don't like rear crosses and I know I decel into them too much, but I am working on it..K? With my lack of skillz AMP is doing well ;) We are still at a low height for the most part, but she turns nice and tight without flinging over landing and then turning! Still practicing her taking the jump if I throw a toy out in front and send her to it, but she is getting better :) all in due time :)

Out agility arena is almost melted which will help TONS! I can actually get out there and work her on more things then just one item here and there :) I think once she gets more pieces put together she will do AWESOME :)

No comments:

Post a Comment