Friday, January 21, 2011

Just keep swimming swimming...

It is more like running in AMP's case :) We keep working away at her running dogwalk training.

We are still at a wide and shorter then regulation board. She doesn't quite have the footwork down yet, to move it up. We are getting there though and even though she isn't hitting perfect I feel that she is understand what she is suppose to be doing better then what it was before( and I feel better about what I am looking for too) . I felt like before I was sorta just "winging" it! Winging running contacts in a sense doesn't really work so well :/ Granted they are definitely a "play by year" and go with the flow using trial error you do have to KNOW what you are looking for and WANT! Not this then that and then this and then maybe that. C-o-n-s-i-s-t-n-c-e-y is key here...along with lots of repetition of course!

Since the last time I posted I talked to Silvia some more and I was throwing the toy too close before causing her to collect up before the end and to sort of "fake" the contact zone. She has no choice but to hit the zone because of the toy placement, which is not what I want. I want her to be running completely through the board and off, not to collect up. So, I modified that a bit and she, as is expected, did start getting more misses, but it is okay just part of the learning process :D She is definitely still making progress and heading in the right direction. Once we get the proper foot work going on we will raise the board a bit (OoooOOOoooo scary!) and then when that is solid as stone move to a longer board :) That is thee game plan at this point! Still VERY happy with where we are going with this!!! LOVE having Silvia to be able to talk to first hand about where to go or any problems, I thank her VERY much for taking time to answer mine along with a lot of other people's questions :) It has been GREAT help!

Notes on the video

Attempted #2 was good and the last attempted was also very good!!! Those are what I am looking for! I was bad and did reward #3 and #4 and should not have :( In these two reps she is hitting, but only with ONE foot! That is not the proper striding and doesn't fall into the category of running down the plank! This is what I *think* might of lead #5 and #6 to being leaps!! But I tried and will just have to watch better next time!! It is a learning process for both her and ME!!

Enjoy the video



Running contacts are kinda of like a dance...once you learn the steps you just have to keep practicing them until they are memorized and come natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment